Serving Colorado Springs, Monument, Fountain, Falcon & Surrounding Area's – Free Quotes!
Furnace Repair & Installation
Winter is a fact of life in the Colorado Springs area. We get our share of snow fall and colder temperatures. When the first cold winds blow down from the Southern Rockies, you want your furnace to kick on and get things warm inside. When your furnace isn’t working properly, you need a heating company you can trust.
Call Talmich Plumbing & Heating at 719-822-0448. We are a full-service heating contractor able to handle any furnace repair or furnace replacement needs you might have.
Why should you trust us? We are a family-owned and operated business with decades of experience fixing furnaces of all types. The core of our business is the father and son team of Tom and Erik Talmich. Our company has built its reputation by offering high-quality plumbing and heating services, alongside the best customer service we can bring.
Furnaces break down. You get home at the end of a long day, only to find that the furnace isn’t working. After making sure a breaker hasn’t tripped or fuel supply isn’t a problem, what do you do?
You need to bring in a professional that knows how to fix furnace problems. Trying to troubleshoot and repair a furnace yourself can be dangerous for you and your property.
You might think you are saving money by doing the work yourself. It could end up costing you a lot more in the long run.
We see all types of problems when we handle calls for a furnace not working. Here’s a few of the more common problems we see:
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- Cracked heat exchanger
- Pilot control or electric ignition issues
- Blower belt that’s slipped or frayed
- Worn out ball bearings
- Clogged burner
If you experience any of these sorts of furnace problems, please do not hesitate to give us a call for immediate furnace repair service.
Replacing your furnace is a major expense for most people. That’s why it’s so tempting to keep repairing it when it breaks down. A few hundred for a repair sounds better than thousands for a replacement.
The fact is, at some point, you will need to replace your old furnace. You will be making multiple costly repairs every year. Your energy bills will continue to climb due to the system’s inefficiency. The time to replace it is before it completely fails on the coldest day of the year.
Talmich Plumbing & Heating is here to help you whenever you are ready for a furnace replacement. We offer emergency services to help you if the furnace dies one night. We are also here to do a furnace installation on a warm summer’s day if you want to be proactive.
When Should You Call for Heating Repair?
Property owners call us when they need someone to come out and look at their furnace. Some of the problems they describe may sound familiar to you:
- The furnace isn’t producing any heat. It might be completely dead or just blowing cold air.
- The furnace is blowing some hot air, but not enough to get the house warm.
- The furnace is turning off and on frequently. This is called short cycling, and it’s not a good thing.
- The blower is running continuously. Every hour it runs drives up your electric bill.
- The furnace is making loud or odd noises. If the noise level makes a sudden jump, the system needs immediate attention.
Before you put in the call for repair, there are a few things you can do:
- Check for a dirty air filter. If dirty, clean or change it.
- Check the thermostat. Make sure it is in the heating position and it’s set at the proper temperature. If it uses batteries, change the batteries.
- Check the breaker box. Make sure the breaker hasn’t tripped. If it has, reset it and see if the furnace starts working. Even a gas furnace requires electricity to run the blower.
- Check that the house has electricity. (Yes, this happens.)
- Check the fuel supply. Did you pay the gas bill? Is the tank empty?
If this troubleshooting doesn’t do the trick, it’s time to call Talmich for heating repair. Our team of professionals can handle any HVAC repair you might need.
Why Furnace Maintenance Is So Important
Do you know the leading cause of furnace repair and failure? Lack of maintenance.
Furnaces are mechanical systems. To run efficiently, they need to be cleaned and calibrated on a regular basis. That’s why you should call us to come out at least once a year for a furnace check-up and tune-up.
On a gas furnace, we go through a number of things to ensure the unit is burning gases efficiently. We check that the blower door seals properly to prevent leaks. Our technicians check the blower to look for signs of rust or corrosion. We make sure the burners have adequate flame and ignite properly.
With an electric furnace, the inspection is a bit different. We verify the heating elements are working properly. We inspect the fan and the motor to look for signs of wear or loose parts. We lubricate moving parts to keep them running smoothly.
When is the best time to have routine service done? It’s before the cooler autumn winds arrive. However, if you forgot it or just moved in, call us anytime to schedule a furnace tune-up. No matter what type of heating system you have, you can trust Talmich Plumbing & Heating to keep it running through the winter.
Trust Talmich for All Your Heating Needs
We take pride in being the “Experts in Colorado Springs Plumbing & Heating.” Our family lives here. We know how the weather is. Our team of highly-trained technicians know the challenge of keeping your home and office warm during the winter.
If you need any furnace services in the Springs, your first call should be to Talmich Plumbing & Heating.
- We are local. You don’t wait for someone from Denver to make the drive up.
- We are family-owned. We take pride in our reputation and the service we provide to our neighbors.
- We offer 24/7 service. Furnaces aren’t on a 9 to 5 schedule.
- We offer free estimates. You shouldn’t be surprised with the final cost.
- We make appointments suited to your schedule. Your time is valuable.
Call Talmich Plumbing & Heating at 719-822-0448, whenever you need furnace installation, repair, service, or replacement.
Serving Colorado Springs, Monument, Black Forest, Falcon, Cimarron Hills & Fountain CO
talmich plumbing and heating
© 2012-2020 TalmichPlumbingHeating.com
– All rights reserved. –
Information on this website may not be re-used without prior written consent from Talmich Plumbing and Heating.
HOURS & LICENSE INFO
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: Client Emergencies Only
Colorado Licensed, Bonded, Insured
Master Plumbers License MP00187125