Serving Colorado Springs, Monument, Fountain, Falcon & Surrounding Area's – Free Quotes!
Bathroom Remodeling Services
Remodeling your bathroom will improve its looks and its functionality. It can also add value to your home when it comes time to resell. Whether you want to gut the room and do a complete makeover, or just update the fixtures, you need the help of experienced professionals.
When you are ready to begin your custom bathroom remodeling project, call Talmich Plumbing & Heating at 719-822-0448. We are local, experienced plumbers, fully licensed and insured to work on your Colorado Springs property.
Request Quote Now
Some bathroom remodeling projects involve gutting the entire room and starting over from scratch. Other bathroom remodels involve updating fixtures, perhaps a toilet replacement if needed, and adding new paint. Most fall somewhere in between. No matter how extensive your bathroom remodel gets, you need an experienced plumber at your side through the entire process. There are many things to consider during the bathroom remodeling process.
Current Pipes and Drains
The age and condition of your current pipes and drains will play a role in your bathroom remodel. If you live in a home that’s decades old and hasn’t had any upgrades, you may find the pipes in your bathroom need to be replaced before you can complete the remodel.
Upgrading your bathroom pipes during a remodel prevents the need to do the work in the future. You might pay more now to do the upgrade, but you won’t have to pay to take the bathroom apart to do the work in the future. Plus, you get all the work done at one time.
Part of the fun of a bathroom renovation is selecting all the new fixtures you want in the new space. There are so many options to choose from.
- A large soaker tub with massage jets
- A huge walk in shower with multiple shower heads
- A wall-mounted toilet for a minimalist look
- A bowl sink with a wall-mounted faucet
The impact of these fixtures will be stunning. They also have consequences when it comes to the pipes and drains involved.
Consequences of Moving Fixtures
Every time you move a bathroom fixture, such as a tub or a toilet, the pipes and drains has to move with it. That may sound easy, but, from a plumber’s perspective, it can be a challenge.
When a house is built, the plumber runs water pipe through the walls to specific locations where fixtures are to be installed. Hot water pipe has to come from the water heater. Cold water pipe comes from the main line.
The plumber also feeds drain pipe to the same locations to allow water and waste to flow away. The drains rely on gravity to draw water and waste down and out. So, each drain pipe must slope down at a specific angle to keep things flowing.
Other things you should consider:
- The plumber will need to access the pipes in the walls to move the supply lines. That means opening up the walls.
- The plumber will need to reconfigure the drain pipes to allow for proper drainage and attachment to the main drain lines. This means ripping up the floor.
- The plumber may need to access upstairs drains from below. This means making holes in the ceilings below.
- The plumber has to work within the structural frame of the house which limits how pipes can come into and leave the space.
Now, if your old bathroom has a poor layout, moving fixtures is a necessity to modernize it. It’s important, however, to know the consequences of such moves.
Every jurisdiction we service has its own building codes that we have to follow during a major bathroom project. We carefully follow all codes to ensure your new bathroom is safe, secure, and a complete success.
Building codes regulate the installation of pipes and drains, the types of materials that can be used in bathroom construction, and how the space can be built-out.
Once all the piping changes are done and the fixtures are in place, it’s time to add all the finishing touches. Adding faucets, cabinets, tile, countertops, and lighting is what brings the entire space together. It’s the fun part of the remodeling process.
When Is It Time to Remodel the Bathroom?
You’ve been living with your old bath for years. Yet, you have always had a hope that you could make some upgrades and give the room an entire makeover. Do you do it now or should you wait?
Here are a few questions to consider when deciding the right time for your bathroom makeover:
- Is your bathroom taking away from your home’s resale value? The rest of your home is ready to go, but the bathroom looks awful.
- Is the bathroom safe as it is? Broken tiles and fixtures create safety hazards, as does puddling water from leaks.
- Are the pipes old? If you have continual problems with leaks, it may be time to upgrade both the pipes and the fixtures.
- Is the bathroom severely outdated? If you feel like you are stepping into a time machine every time you walk into the bathroom, it needs a makeover.
- Do you have ongoing moisture problems? You should not have to keep cleaning mold and mildew off your walls or fixtures.
- Are your family needs changing? A growing number of children or aging family members may need a bathroom that suits their needs better.
- Is the space just plain ugly? The previous homeowner’s style and taste are just not yours.
Only you can decide when the time is right to do a remodel on your bathroom. When you are ready to talk, call Talmich Plumbing & Heating.
Who To Trust with Your New Bathroom Remodeling Project
Talmich is actually the last name of the father-son duo, Tom and Erik, who are the core of our plumbing company.
We are proud to put our name and reputation on the line with every job we take on. That’s one big reason you can trust us with your bathroom makeover.
- We have been doing this kind of work for decades.
- Everyone at Talmich Plumbing takes pride in doing every job right the first time.
- We actually Listen to your design desires and know how to turn them into reality for you.
- Guidance and provided help through every step of the bathroom remodeling process.
- Exceptional quality workmanship and we back all the work we do.
Don’t let the bathroom renovation project of your dreams stay hidden. It’s time to make that dream into reality.
Call Talmich Plumbing at 719-822-0448 today to get your Colorado Springs bathroom renovation started today.
Request Quote Now
Serving Colorado Springs, Monument, Black Forest, Falcon, Cimarron Hills & Fountain CO
talmich plumbing and heating
© 2012-2022 TalmichPlumbingHeating.com
– All rights reserved. –
Information on this website may not be re-used without prior written consent from Talmich Plumbing and Heating.
HOURS & LICENSE INFO
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: Client Emergencies Only
Colorado Licensed, Bonded, Insured
Master Plumbers License MP00187125